The Premier

This is my premier blog on all things boxing. I’ve been a boxing nut since the days of John Conteh. I love most aspects of the sport, from the training, to the fights, but most of all I love the characters involved in boxing. Boxing is the noble art, it takes a special type of person that can succeed in this hard sport. I love the passion boxing brings to the fans. We hold our favorite boxers as sacred beings. If I asked you to name your favorite boxer, go inside and see what physical emotions the boxer evokes. My favorite boxers are Mike Tyson, Michael Watson, Paul Hodkinson, Roy Jones. I admire these warriors. If I asked you to choose one sporting event what would it be? Superbowl Final? FA Cup Final? or to see a Heavyweight Title fight? I’ve been to many world heavyweight title fights, they are special. The fans become rabid. I remember being ringside when Frank Bruno almost won the world title from Lennox Lewis on a rainy night in Cadriff, Wales. Thankfully, I went as a guest of tough pro Rocky Milton to see Frank Bruno win the world heavyweight title. Those emotions can’t be bottled, if they could I’d be a millionaire. There is nothing comparable to attending a boxing show at the York Hall in Bethnal Green in the Eastend of London. One regret I have is not attending a fight at the Blue Horizon in Philadelphia.  I was in New York with Harold Lederman for a Boxing on Broadway show, I had to catch an early flight the following day, I tried every angle to attend a show at the Blue Horizon. I almost found a way to attend, Sadly they closed the Blue Horizon down.
I’m hoping you enjoy reading my blogs, you don’t have to agree with my opinions, just please do not attack me if I differ from your thinking. If you want to be a guest blogger contact me, let me know your thoughts. Do you have a great boxing story to share with the world? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gallery 1